Akademi High School is a rich, private high school that Yandere-chan, Senpai, the ten rivals and other students attend. Along with the Aishi House and Buraza Town, it is the main setting for Yandere Simulator.
In the final game, the school will be referred to as an academy rather than as a high school. The school and town will be separated by a winding trail surrounded by trees so that when Yandere-chan is in school, she will not be able to see the town. This is to keep the framerate up, as the town will then not have to be rendered.
Akademi is a very famous high school; it is synonymous with Harvard or Yale within the world of Yandere Simulator.
Every student will wear the default school uniform unless customized by the player.
The school size is 250x250.
- Main Article: Announcement Room
The Announcement Room is used to delete incriminating security footage.
- Main Article: Art Club
In the future, students in the Art Club will use this room after school. Like the Martial Arts Club, the Art Club has a changing booth, so the Club members can change into their club uniform.
- Main Article: Art Room
There are easels set up around the room, as well as bookshelves, and posters. Also, a blackboard on the right side wall and a pedestal in the center. In the future, it will be used for classes.
- Main Article: Audiovisual Room
For now, the only purpose of the Audiovisual Room is to provide a radio for Yandere-chan to use as a distraction.
- Main Article: Bathrooms
- Main Article: Biology Lab
The use of the Biology Lab is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Cafeteria
The cafeteria is an area in the school where students go to gossip. This room is located on the second floor in the south wing of the school. Two vending machines that the player can buy drinks from are located at the back of the room. A trash can is located between these two machines. There are also two lunch tables.
- Main Article: Calligraphy Room
The use of the Calligraphy Room is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet. Although this room exists, there will not be a Calligraphy Club.
- Main Article: Classrooms
Each classroom has fifteen desks and two doors: one at the back of the room and one next to the teacher's desk. Currently, all classrooms look the same. Yandere-chan can go to her classroom to distribute study points in the morning and after lunch.
- Main Article: Computer Lab
The Computer Lab is located on the third floor and is also where the Gaming Club is located. Pippi Osu and Ryuto Ippongo can be seen playing the game "Osu!" there before school, during lunchtime, and after school. The player can also listen to cassette tapes in this room. The player can join the Gaming Club here.
- Main Article: Confession Tree
The Confession Tree is the cherry tree that sits on a hill behind the main building of Akademi High School; this is where a rival confesses their love to Senpai. If Yandere-chan succeeds in eliminating all rivals, she will confess her love here.
- Main Article: Cooking Club
Students in the Cooking Club will use this room after school to prepare and eat food. When part of the club, the player can make food for other students to increase the player's reputation. A placeholder club leader currently resides here. The future president will be Amai Odayaka.
- Main Article: Counselor's Office
The guidance counselor currently resides here. The player can report their rival to the counselor once a day to get the rival expelled.
- Main Article: Drama Club
In the future, students in the Drama Club will use this room after school. There are six masks that are used to hide Yandere-chan's identity and a table with gloves to frame students for murder. The Magical Girl Wand and Fantasy Sword are also found here. A placeholder club leader currently resides here. The future president will be Kizana Sunobu.
- Main article: Dumpsters
Dumpsters are found at the back of the school, and Yandere-chan can push students off from the rooftop into them. Two cassette tapes and a garbage bag can be found here. Yandere-chan can place garbage bags inside the dumpster to cover up the body. Delinquents will guard the dumpster from 7:15 AM to 8:30 AM, and from 1:15 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Main article: English Classroom
The use of the English Classroom is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main article: Faculty Room
The faculty room is where teachers and other school faculty members will go to. There are several desks with books, papers, and bookshelves. The player can steal an answer sheet from one of the desks as part of a scheme from Info-chan to get the current rival expelled.
- Main Article: Fire Extinguishers
There are three fire extinguishers located at the end of the western hall next to each bathroom. They will be used as bludgeoning weapons.
- Main Article: Fountain
The fountain is located in the middle of the plaza in the school, surrounded by benches and cherry trees. The player can drown a student in the fountain. This is where students go to gossip before school. It is also the place where Senpai sits and reads before school.
In the front area of Akademi High School, there is the main gate and the side gate. When it is not class time, the gym teacher stands near the entrance. Most of the students enter the school through here.
- Main Article: Garden
In the future, students in the Gardening Club will use this area after school. The Shovel, circular saw, old axe, and axe can be found here. The garden shed, greenhouse, wood chipper, jerry can, and a bucket can be found here. There are placeholder students and the leader, Uekiya Engeika. The garden has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Greenhouse
The greenhouse is located in the garden. No students use it yet.
- Main Article: Gymnasium
In the future, the gym will be used for Senpai-Rival interaction events, some club activities, and performances. A baseball bat can be found next to a wall of the gymnasium if the player joins the Sports Club. The gymnasium has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Headmaster's Office
The headmaster works here.
- Main Article: Hedge Maze
Home Economics Room
- Main Article: Home Ec Room
The use of the Home Economics Room is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Incinerator
The incinerator is a machine that Yandere-chan can use to dispose of evidence and corpses. It is located in the disposal area near the northwest side of the school, to the right of the dumpster. Delinquents will guard the incinerator from 7:15 AM to 8:30 AM, and from 1:15 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Main Article: Infirmary
The infirmary is where the nurse is located, and you can pickpocket her to get a key to a cabinet. There are several beds, tables, cabinets, chairs, a couch, a desk, and emetic poison. A syringe and tranquilizer are located here for use in kidnapping.
- Main Article: Info Club
The use of the Info Club is currently unknown, but the player can peek through the curtains to see what is inside the room. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Library
The only use of the Library for now is to increase a suitor's intelligence. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
Light Music Club
- Main Article: Light Music Club
In the future, students in the Light Music Club will use this room after school. At the back of the room, there is a cello case, mirror, and Mr. Jazzy Feet. A placeholder club leader currently resides here. The future leader will be Miyuji Shan. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Locker Room
The locker room is where students go before and after school to swap their outdoor shoes for their indoor shoes, and vice versa. Yandere-chan can leave a note in lockers to arrange a meeting if certain requirements are met.
Martial Arts Club
- Main Article: Martial Arts Club
The students in the Martial Arts Club use this room before and after school. Yandere-chan will be able to partake in this club's activities and meetings if she joins the club.
- Main Article: Meeting Room
- Main Article: Occult Club
The students in the Occult Club use this room before and after school. Yandere-chan will be able to partake in this club's activities and meetings if she joins. The ritual knife is located in a crack in the skull on the pedestal in this room. The player can access the demonic ritual here. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Photography Club
Students in the Photography Club will use this room after school. Yandere-chan will be able to partake in the club’s activities and meetings if she joins. The Yokai Story volumes can be found in here.
- Main Article: Plaza
The plaza is in the middle of the main second school building. Many students go there before their first class session to gossip.
- Main Article: Rooftop
The top of Akademi High School is a place where some students will linger at lunch. Yandere-chan can commit fake suicide here and eavesdrop on private conversations.
- Main Article: Science Club
In the future, students in the Science Club will use this room after school. If the player joins the club, then they will have access to a small Science Vacuum to clean up blood and blowtorches. A placeholder club leader currently resides here. The future leader will be Kaga Kusha. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Science Lab
The science lab is where the player can find poison to put in the rival's food. It is located on the second floor. The room was called "Chemistry Lab" prior to the November 15th, 2015 Build.
- Main Article: Sewing Room
In the future, this will be a classroom where students sew a new school uniform every day, providing the player with the option to get a new uniform daily. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Shed
Located in the garden, a circular saw, bleach, and rat poison can be found here.
- Main Article: Shower Room
The Shower Room and all its contents are in a building separate from the rest of the school. Students will bathe here if their uniforms are ruined. Yandere-chan can also go here to get a new uniform and to wash blood off herself. There will be a males' locker room in the future, possibly so Yandere-chan can admire or steal something from Senpai.
- Main Article: Sociology Classroom
The use of the Sociology Classroom is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Storage Rooms
There are multiple storage rooms, one of which is an area where the player can kidnap students. Six of them are found across the school, but only the first floor storage room on the left is currently functional. The storage room on the right of the first floor holds various Easter Eggs.
- Main Article: Student Council
The students in the Student Council use this room before and after school. A laptop in the room is used for Megami Saikou's monologue to Yandere-chan.
- Main Article: Swimming Pool
- Main Article: Track
In the future, students in the Sports Club will use this area after school. The use of the track is currently unknown. The track has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Vending Machine
Two vending machines are located on the second floor. Yandere-chan is able to buy soft drinks here. They were added just for fun and there is no limit to the amount of drinks bought. The drinks have no real purpose for now. There is a Trash Can located between the two machines.
- Main Article: Wood Chipper
The wood chipper is located in the bottom right corner of the garden. Yandere-chan is able to dispose of corpses here.
- Main Article: Workshop
The use of the Workshop is currently unknown. The room has not been fully implemented yet.
- Main Article: Internet
As of the October 8th, 2015 Build, the player can access Akademi High School's social media page. Here Yandere-chan can write and read messages, and spread rumors about students.
The symbol in the center of the pink flower is saikou (最高), which means "best". With the arrows pointing in many directions, the logo means "the best in all ways" or "the best at everything". Currently, this logo can only be seen on the Akademi High's front gate and social media page.
- Main Article: Manga
Multiple manga series can be found scattered around Akademi High School. Yandere-chan is able to read them at night to increase her Seduction Level, Numbness Level, Enlightenment Level, and more. The mangas presently available on school grounds are Cherry Touch, Life Note, and Yokai Story.
- Main Article: Tapes
Ten Mysterious Tapes can be found randomly across the campus. Yandere-chan is able to collect them and listen to them in the Computer Lab to learn more about the lore of the school.
- When walking or running around, the environment flashes due to certain camera angles.
- The original layout of the school was based on Yasogami High School from Persona 4.
- Yandere-chan may be able to call the school to explain that she is "sick" if she misses a day of school because of torturing a student.
- The reason why there are no security cameras is because the school cares about its reputation. They don't want to create an image of a school where students are in danger, need protection, or surveillance.
- The police and the media stay away from the school because the headmaster bribes the police, as said in Mysterious Tape #2.
- There used to be an old test environment that YandereDev later removed in the May 24th, 2015 Build. He said that later in the game there would be better environments.
- Despite the game using a lot of Japanese themes, signs, and boards in-game will be in English instead of kanji. (Kanji are Chinese characters used in the Japanese language.)
- There's apparently a rival school, but there will be no rivals from there. It will appear in a flashback because a very important character from that school plays a role in the game's backstory.
- The original plan for renovating Akademi High was to simply use this model. That plan didn't work, so modular pieces were created instead.
- Akademi High was founded around 1985.
- The name of the school is similar to the Japanese katakana spelling for "academy": Akademī (アカデミー).
- YandereDev thinks there should be an option for the player to press a button and see a map of the school. However, he won’t prepare something like this until the school is 100% final.
- The second kanji on the school logo, "高", is sometimes used as an abbreviation of the Chinese word for high school, "高等学校". This may or may not be intentional.
- YandereDev has stated that his vision of Yandere-chan's school's uniform closely resembled Kotonoha's uniform from School Days. This is now possible thanks to the breakthrough on May 22nd, 2016.
- After it was suggested to him, YandereDev is considering the idea of the school layout being shaped like the Saikou logo from above.
- Possibly, there were originally plans to have a baseball field at the school, but the plans were scrapped.