This mode is a reference to the ongoing manga JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Press J to activate this mode. Once pressed, Yandere-chan will gain a white Stand with light pink trim and many hearts decorating its body. Several pink streams come out of its head. It does not move its limbs, but will follow the player within one meter.
In the visual upgrade, Bad Romance's design is more polished. She has narrower eyes, thinner hands, a small head, wider breasts, and a less skeletal backbone.
"Bloody Stream" will play the entire time. This music will eventually be replaced as to not face charges of copyright infringement. This mode cannot be deactivated unless the game is reset or the day ends.
Bad Romance plays a role identical to actual Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. In the description, Bad Romance is a guardian to Yandere-chan and will defend her against anyone who tries to harm Yandere-chan. Bad Romance has no personal goals and will serve Yandere-chan without question. The Stand has no personality and cannot speak; it does not have much learning or development potential.
As of the December 16th, 2016 Build, activating Bad Romance mode will give Yandere-chan a different idle animation, making her lean to her left. The stand has its own animation with all of its arms flexing.
- The Stand model was created by Jvthewanderer and designed by Aea. It is unknown who modeled the second Bad Romance.
- YandereDev came up with the idea of the Stand since early debug builds and asked an artist to illustrate it; the illustration has been deemed official artwork.
- A mask of Bad Romance was able to be found on the northern Drama Club wall in the November 15th, 2015 Build. It was removed in the March 15th, 2016 Build.
- The player can press D to disable the copyrighted music.
- Bad Romance was hidden from sight on the Easter Egg Menu as far back as the July 4th, 2015 Build.
- This mode was implemented in the June 17th, 2015 Build.