- A sneak peek of burial was shown in the blog post, May Preview #6. It showed Yandere-chan standing over the grave of Kokona Haruka with a shovel in the player's hand.
- YandereDev was originally going to give the player the ability to bury a kitten to distract police dogs from finding a corpse. He later decided that this idea would require a lot of extra lore to be added to the game, which was something he didn't want.
- Instead, YandereDev thinks that burial should be a way to temporarily hide bodies until permanent corpse disposal methods become available.
- In the future, corpses may start to smell after 24 hours, leading to a police investigation and a lower school atmosphere.
- Burial was implemented in the July 24th, 2016 Build.