Burning is an elimination method in Yandere Simulator.
In order to be able to eliminate a rival by burning them, Yandere-chan first needs to fill a bucket with gasoline from a jerry can, which is located in the garden. Then she must buy a box of matches from the Drops menu for 5 panty shots.
Then, she needs to douse the rival with gasoline from the bucket and then flick a lit match at the rival, who will then burst into flames, scream, and try to brush off the fire, before collapsing. Any students nearby who witness the death will step back in shock for a couple of seconds before acting on their personas.
- Students react to a burning student with the same lines as they do when they see a dead body.
- Students don't react to a burnt body that is being carried by Yandere-chan.
- Picking something up while carrying matches will result in the "Throw Match" prompt disappearing, and the player being unable to buy matches, until the day is restarted.
- This elimination method was implemented in the June 15th, 2016 Build.
- YandereDev has said that burning to death would take a lot longer in real life, but in a video game, "you gotta speed things up."
- Burning was first hinted at in the blog post, May Preview #4. It showed a girl burning to death through unknown means. A Challenges sprite art for it was shown in May Preview #11.