Challenges are achievements that the player can strive to complete by eliminating rivals in as many different ways as possible. They are not fully implemented yet.
They were first introduced in YandereDev's video, "Drowning, Bathrooms, and Easter Eggs". YandereDev states that he wishes for Yandere Simulator to be "a game that people are able to replay over and over, to explore every possible way to dispose of rivals, and hunt for every secret."
The player can access the Challenges Screen through the calendar menu. Press R (PC) to access the menu, the arrow keys/WASD keys (PC) to navigate through the challenges, and the Q (PC) or B button (controller) to go back.
On the lower half of the screen, the Elimination Challenges are shown. The current challenges are:
On the top half of the screen, the Weapon Challenges are shown. The current weapons available are:
The challenges are all shown as silhouettes. When one is completed, the player can view it in color. The Challenges Screen will not be fully implemented until every weapon and elimination method is working, possibly right up until the demo.
- The Challenges Screen was added in the June 16th, 2015 Build.
- There will be one achievement dedicated to eliminating all rivals using the same method.
- The girl who appears in the Challenges screen looks similar to Rival-chan.
- The drowning challenge is called "Flush", despite the fact that there will be more places to drown people than the bathroom, like the fountain, the upcoming swimming pool, and the shower rooms.
- There may be a separate challenge for drowning someone in the pool.
- In the future, it is possible that after every challenge is unlocked, the player will receive a cheat code.
- The sprite art was inspired by the game Long Live The Queen, where each possible death of the main character is depicted with a similar style of graphics.
- In the Demo, Only Osana elimination method will be shown in challenge menu for now.
First Gallery of Eliminating Rivals
Second Gallery of Eliminating Rivals ("Yandere Simulator: Past, Present, and Future")
Third Gallery of Challenges ("May Preview #11")
Gallery of Weapons