The circular saw is found in the shed. It is seen as suspicious and cannot be concealed in the player's inventory. If a student notices Yandere-chan holding the saw, she will lose ten points of reputation. If the player joins the Gardening Club, they will not be seen as suspicious when carrying it.
The player cannot use the saw when fighting a Heroic student and will automatically lose, as the weapon is too unwieldy to use in close quarters.
In the future, if a student spots Yandere-chan holding the weapon while she is not a part of the club, they will call her a thief and will take the weapon from her. Student AI and path finding will have to be revamped before this happens.
As of the March 5th, 2016 Build, the player cannot give the circular saw to a mind slave.
- Main Article: Dismemberment
Dismemberment with a saw was implemented in the February 15th, 2016 Build. Once a student is killed, the player can carry, drag, or dispose of the body. If Yandere-chan is armed with the circular saw, she can dismember corpses by pressing E. During the dismemberment animation (which happens in third-person view), Yandere-chan will slice up the body into six sections: right arm, left arm, left leg, right leg, torso, and head. Her sanity will drop.
Circular Saw Animations
There are 4 killing animations depending on Yandere-chan's level of sanity.
- High Sanity: The player slashes through the student's face.
- Medium Sanity: The player slashes through the student's chest diagonally twice.
- Low Sanity: The player knocks the student down to the ground and drives the saw up their chest.
- Stealth Kill: The player stabs the student's shoulder from behind.
- The saw was implemented in the January 1st, 2016 Build, but removed in the January 2nd, 2016 Build. It was finally re-implemented in the February 15th, 2016 Build.
- This weapon is not yet shown on the Challenges menu.
- YandereDev does not consider the circular saw a "gardening tool", but rather, an object that just happens to be located in the Gardening Club's shed.
- When students saw the player carrying a saw in the February 15th, 2016 Build, they did not have a quote for her carrying it. It later obtained a response in the February 17th, 2016 Build.
- Before the March 5th, 2016 Build, the player could give the saw to a mind broken slave. She would kill herself with the opposite end of the saw blade. She would also use the wrong side of the blade when she stabbed a student in the neck. In later builds, the player was not able to give a saw to a mind broken student anymore.
- The old animation was made by YandereAni.
|“||Why are you carrying a power tool? That's really dangerous!||”|
— A student seeing the player with the saw if she is not in the Gardening Club.
|“||Is that a knife? You shouldn't bring something like that to school...||”|
— A student seeing the player with the saw in the January 1st, 2016 Build.