As of now, all classrooms look exactly the same. It is unknown if they will vary in appearance in the future. They have beige wooden floors, tan baseboard, and blue-grey walls. A teacher is located in the front of the room behind a lectern and in front of the chalkboard, where the floor is a darker brown. There are fifteen desks facing the front. In the back of the room, there are three cork boards which currently serve no purpose. There are also many cubby holes in the back (which students do not use) and grey cabinets on either side.
The player is able to attend class at any time during the school day. The first class of the day begins at 8:30 AM and ends at lunchtime at 1:00 PM. The second class starts at 1:30 PM and ends at 3:30 PM. Yandere-chan can only go to class in her own classroom, Classroom 2-1. Intruding in the wrong class will get her expelled if warned more than four times. The player can press T to show a trail to their own classroom. As of the February 2nd, 2016 Build, the player can no longer talk to students during class time, as they will say, "Not now!/It's time for class!/We'll talk later!/I can't talk right now!"
The courses that Yandere-chan can choose from are:
- Physical Education
The player was formerly unable to attend class if there was a corpse on the ground, but as of the December 3rd, 2015 Build, they can. This will happen shortly after the player deposits their earned study points and continues. While walking around the school, a teacher is able to discover blood, a bloody weapon, bloody gloves, or a corpse. They will immediately call the police. If the player leaves behind evidence that connects them to the murder before class, it will be an instant Game Over. Yandere-chan is only able to successfully attend class if the corpse has been burned in the incinerator, hidden in a bathroom stall, or hidden in a dumpster. The teachers will not find the hidden corpse while in class.
If a Teacher's Pet witnesses the player committing murder, they will flee into their own classroom and alert a teacher. The teacher will run out, but the student will stay put, which will leave a window of opportunity to murder the witness. Heroic students will also run into their own classrooms if they spot a corpse.
- Main Article: Study Points
In order to take classes, Yandere-chan will need to spend study points. The highest number of study points she can spend per class is five (ten if the player is wearing the Old Fashioned Fundoshi Panties). If she shows up late to class, the number of study points she can use will decrease. How late she is to class will determine how many study points she can spend.
Classroom 3-2: Teacher Kaho Kanon and students Budo Masuta, Ryuto Ippongo, Pippi Osu, Oka Ruto, Mai Waifu, Sakyu Basu, Inkyu Basu, Midori Gurin, Kuu Dere, Kokona Haruka, Riku Soma, Musume Ronshaku, and Senpai share this room. This classroom currently has thirteen students, making it the most populated classroom.
- The students can clip into and get stuck inside the desks.
- The newest model of the classroom is store bought, along with the original version of the classroom.
- As of the November 15th, 2015 Build the students will sit down at their designated seats instead of standing.
- Pressing the 7 key while the debug menu is open will teleport Yandere-chan to class. This is only a debug feature and will not be present in the final game.
- If a student is found deceased, a flower will be placed on their desk. This feature has not been implemented yet.
- Info-chan and Rival-chan are the only students who don't go to class. Yandere-chan can skip classes as well if the player chooses to.
- In the final game, there will be 15 students per classroom.
- A Classroom 3-3 was mentioned in the original intro of the game where Info-chan and Yandere-chan first met each other, but the room is not in the current builds of Yandere Simulator.
- If added to the game via JSON, Osana Najimi will go to Class 2-1.