If an NPC with the Coward persona witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder, they'll be shocked for about five seconds. These five seconds can be used to kill the student before they run. If Yandere-chan wears the Cute Bear Panties, any coward that has seen her commit the crime will be shocked for seven seconds instead. All Cowards are incapable of self-defense.
After their shock has passed, the student will become terrified of her. Cowardly students will start begging Yandere-chan to spare their life in exchange for their silence. After they finish begging, they will flee school grounds, but not call the police.
The next day, the Coward will be too afraid to talk to Yandere-chan, making it impossible to interact with them. Coward witnesses will not damage the player's reputation if left alive, as they are too afraid to tell anyone what the player did.
If the player tries to take a picture of them, they will hide their faces from the camera. If Yandere-chan is in the Photography Club, they will instead simply stand still.
It may be possible that in the future, if a Coward sees murder, they will flee and lock themselves in a storage room. The only way to kill the Coward then would be to break the lock beforehand or break down the door.
- No male students are Cowards because there is no animation rig for male characters yet.
- This persona was implemented in the February 1st, 2016 Build.
- One of the possible names for this persona was "Fragile". It was, however, changed to Coward.
- In the future, if a person with the Coward persona is in the same club as the protagonist, they will not kick her out after witnessing her being connected to murder.
- The Loner persona was once named "Coward". The original Coward persona ran home alone after witnessing a murder and called the police. YandereDev later gave the name "Coward" to those who begged for mercy when witnessing a murder and made those who ran home alone "Loners".
|“||I swear I won't tell anyone what I saw! Just please, don't hurt me!||”|
— When witnessing murder
|“||I haven't told anyone what I saw...please...just leave me alone...||”|
— Trying to talk to a Coward the next day.
|“||Go away!/Don't bother me!/Leave me alone!||”|
— Trying to talk to a Coward again.