Dismemberment is a way to dispose of NPCs in Yandere Simulator.
August 1st, 2014 Dismemberment
After killing a student with a sharp weapon, there was an option that would allow Yandere-chan to cut her victim's body into pieces and carry them individually. Once the dismemberment option was selected, the game would fade to black before reloading again. Dismembering lowered Yandere-chan's sanity. After dismembering the victim, she had to use a guitar case to hide the body parts, and later throw them into the incinerator. Afterwards, she needed to change into a clean uniform in order for students to not see her covered in blood.
Dismemberment was the second way to dispose of a rival that was programmed into the game. However, YandereDev removed it because it caused glitches and required revision, before it was re-implemented almost two years later.
February 15th, 2016 Dismemberment
After a student is killed through whatever means, Yandere-chan has the option to dismember a corpse with the circular saw. Yandere-chan, seen in 3rd person view, will slice the corpse into 6 sections: head, torso, left leg, right leg, left arm, and right arm. Her sanity will decrease by 33% while doing so. Afterwards, Yandere-chan will be covered in blood, so she must clean up as to not be caught. She can only carry one body part at a time, and dispose of them in the incinerator. In the future, there may be ways to carry more than one body part at a time.
She can also use the trash can to dispose of body parts, one part at a time.
If Yandere-chan wields an Energy Sword, she can instantly dismember students with the weapon.
The player can dismember students by pressing Left Control in Blade Hair Mode.
In the future, students who see body parts lying around will react in the same way that they react to corpses. Once seeing a body part, they will scream and will act upon their persona. This will be implemented in whatever way creates the fewest problems regarding NPC reactions.
- Main Article: Demonic Ritual
After Yandere-chan has completed the ritual, any NPCs other than Senpai and those without AI that come into contact with the hands will be immediately dismembered.
- The body parts that appear after dismembering an NPC will always be clad in the default uniform.
- Dismembered male students' eyes will be red.
- Midori Gurin will have black eyes if dismembered.
- The bust size of a female torso will revert to the default, no matter the size of the breasts before.
- When a Titan is dismembered, their body parts will turn to the normal size, but their hair will remain large.
- Some male students' hair will vanish or clip through their heads after they are dismembered.
- Dismemberment was showcased on August 1st, 2014. It was reimplemented in the February 15th, 2016 Build. The ability to dismember males was implemented in the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- A teacher or heroic student can apprehend Yandere-chan while she is dismembering a body.
- Because Senpai has a pink aura surrounding him, it is not possible to dismember him normally. If the player uses Easter Eggs to move him from his aura, he can be dismembered. If Senpai is customized to be default, he will always have red eyes instead of the usual dark grey. If the player does this, Yandere-chan will be unable to run afterwards.
- In the February 15th, 2016 Build, there was a bug where the player could tranquilize a student and then dismember them, but the game would spawn an infinite number of heads. As of the February 17th, 2016 Build, the player can no longer dismember a sleeping student.
- Speeding up time during the dismemberment animation will make the circular saw continue to spin and spill blood after the animation has ended.
- If the player uses an Easter egg mode to kill a teacher, and then dismembers her, she will have the default school uniform instead of her original outfit.
- Yandere-chan will not be able to hide dismembered limbs in lockers.