Dismemberment is a way to dispose of NPCs in Yandere Simulator.
August 1st, 2014 Dismemberment
After killing a student with a sharp weapon, there was an option that would allow Yandere-chan to cut her victim's body into pieces and carry them individually. Once the dismemberment option was selected, the game would fade to black before reloading again. Dismembering (as well as murdering) the victim lowered Yandere-chan's sanity. After dismembering the victim, the player had to use a guitar case to hide the body parts, and later throw them into the incinerator. Afterwards, the player needed to change into a clean uniform in order for students to not see them covered in blood.
Dismemberment was the second way to dispose of a rival that was programmed into the game. However, YandereDev removed it because it caused glitches and required revision, before it was re-implemented almost two years later.
February 15th, 2016 Dismemberment
After a student is killed through whatever means, the player has the option to dismember a corpse with the circular saw. Yandere-chan, seen in 3rd person view, will slice the corpse into 6 sections: head, torso, left leg, right leg, left arm, and right arm. Her sanity will decrease by 33% while doing so. Afterwards, Yandere-chan will be covered in blood, so the player must clean up to not be caught. The player can only carry one body part at a time, and dispose of them in the incinerator. In the future, there may be ways to carry more than one body part at a time. Students and the police will not react to dismembered body parts yet.
If the player has trouble accessing the cello case, they can use the trash can to dispose of body parts, one part at a time.
If Yandere-chan wields an Energy Sword, she can instantly dismember students with the weapon.
The player can dismember students by pressing Left Control in Blade Hair Mode.
In the future, students who see body parts lying around will react in the same way that they react to corpses. Once seeing a body part, they will scream and will act upon their persona. This will be implemented in whatever way creates the fewest problems regarding NPC reactions.
- Main Article: Demonic Ritual
To perform the Pain Demon's ritual, Yandere-chan must kill five NPCs with the ritual knife, dismember the dead NPCs, and then drop their arms inside of the ring of candles in the Occult Club. The screen will then go black, with shaking white words that say, "...revenge...at last..."
After that, ten bloody, white hands with long red fingernails will rise from the ground around Yandere-chan, who no longer has pupils and will start to levitate. The hands will always be in front of her as she can fly in any direction. Any NPCs other than Senpai, Genka Kunahito, Rival-chan, delinquents, placeholder club leaders, and the placeholder nurse that come into contact with the hands will immediately be dismembered, giving a strangled cry of pain.
- The police and NPCs do not react to dismembered body parts yet. Delinquents, however, will.
- The body parts that appear after dismembering an NPC will always be clad in the default uniform.
- Dismembered male students' eyes will be red.
- Midori Gurin will have black eyes if dismembered.
- The bust size of a female torso will revert to the default, no matter the size of the breasts before.
- When a Titan is dismembered, their body parts will turn to the normal size, but their hair will remain large.
- Some male students' hair will vanish or clip through their heads after they are dismembered.
- Dismemberment was showcased on August 1st, 2014. It was reimplemented in the February 15th, 2016 Build. The ability to dismember males was implemented in the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- A teacher or heroic student can apprehend the player while they are dismembering a body.
- Because Senpai has a pink aura surrounding him, it is not possible to dismember him normally. If the player uses Easter Eggs to move him from his aura, he can be dismembered. If Senpai is customized to be default, he will always have red eyes instead of the usual dark grey. If the player does this, Yandere-chan will be unable to run afterwards.
- In the February 15th, 2016 Build, there was a bug where the player could tranquilize a student and then dismember them, but the game would spawn an infinite number of heads. As of the February 17th, 2016 Build, the player can no longer dismember a sleeping student.
- Speeding up time during the dismemberment animation will make the circular saw continue to spin and spill blood after the animation has ended.
- If the player uses an Easter egg mode to kill a teacher, and then dismembers her, she will have the default school uniform instead of her original outfit.
- The player will not be able to hide dismembered limbs in lockers.