As of the November 15th, 2015 Build, the fountain is located in the middle of the plaza. It is surrounded by four cherry trees with four pathways walking up to it. Prior to this update, it was placed in the middle of a walkway between the gates and the main building of Akademi High.
It is light grey with a spout on the top and three levels beneath it. Water falls out of the spout, falls out of the levels, and collects into the pool below. The base is in a shape of a hexagon.
As of the September 22nd, 2016 Build, two small fountains are located at the south-east and south-west side of the school.
To drown Kokona, Yandere-chan must write a note to her asking to meet her there. When Kokona gets there, Yandere-chan cannot talk to her at the fountain, only drown her. If Yandere-chan does not choose to drown her, Kokona will eventually leave and follow her normal routine. If Yandere-chan chooses to drown her, Kokona will be held under the water until she stops struggling.
If Yandere-chan asks a friend or a seduced student to vacate a certain area, they will walk down to the fountain and stand there for a period of time. As of the February 2nd, 2016 Build, students will either leave to the fountain or the rooftop.
- If any objects (e.g. heads) are set on the sides of the fountain, they will float above it.
- After being drowned, Kokona's body jumps out of the fountain.
- The fountain was implemented in the June 16th, 2015 Build.
- Pressing 6 at the debug menu will teleport Yandere-chan to the fountain.
- The fountain could previously be seen on the title screen.
- In the January 1st, 2016 Build, Megami Saikou could be found under the fountain. She was highlighted in red in Yandere Vision. She was moved farther below the fountain in the January 2nd, 2016 Build, before being hidden farther away in later updates.
- As of the May 1st, 2016 Build, water sound effects have been added to the fountain.