|Club|| Cooking (since 12/2/2015)|
|Persona|| Social Butterfly (since 2/1/2016)|
Loner (2/1/2015 – 1/15/2016)
|Appears||Week 1 (Debug)|
Before the February 8th, 2016 Build, Mei had cobalt blue colored hair worn in tritails, one on each side of her head and one in the back. She also had bangs in the same style as the default Yandere-chan. Her eyes were cobalt blue as well.
Before the May 2nd, 2016 Build, she had cobalt blue hair pulled back into a ponytail with strands of hair that hang to the right, some hair around her neck that reaches her shoulders, and bangs that curl inwards to her cheeks and indigo eyes. Her bust size is 1.4. She wears blue reading glasses during class, although they do not currently appear in-game.  Yui Rio has stolen these glasses from her, which is why she isn't wearing them.
As of the May 2nd, 2016 Build, Mei has blue hair tied in a small bun. Her bangs are longer on her right side, and she has an ahoge on the top of her head. She has a bang going down the middle of her face and another smaller one to the right of the larger bang.
As of the January 16th, 2017 Build, Mei wears a blue friendship bracelet on her right wrist.
As of the February 2nd, 2017 Build, Mei wears blue stockings and panties.
Among the personas currently implemented in the game, she is a Social Butterfly. She will happily pose for a picture if the player aims their camera at her. If she sees a corpse or witnesses a murder, she will run to the nearest secluded area and call the police. She cannot participate in physical fights against murderers.
In her reference photo, she is shown to be studious, as she is holding papers while being at a desk.
At 7:05 AM, Mei enters the school grounds. She walks to her locker at 7:10 AM and changes from her outdoor shoes to her indoor shoes. At 7:15 AM, she walks into the plaza, to the left side of the fountain, and gossips with Yui Rio, Yuna Hina, Koharu Hinata, Saki Miyu, Kokona Haruka, and Musume Ronshaku.
Mei walks back to class again at 1:30 PM and finishes her afternoon classes at 3:30 PM. Afterwards, she heads to the Cooking Club and stays there until 5:00 PM. She then heads to her locker and changes from her indoor shoes to her outdoor shoes, then she lingers there until 5:15 PM, when she walks home.
- Her name is a reference to the most popular female Japanese names in 2012, 7th most popular being Mei, 8th most popular being Mio.
- In older versions of the game, Mei's name was Tsumugi Kotobuki, then later Tsumu Kotobu. The placeholder name was inspired by K-ON.
- Her male counterpart is Ryusei Koki.
- The player can wear Mei's original hair by pressing H. It is the 5th hairstyle. Mei's second hairstyle is the 31st hairstyle available.
- Before the June 29th, 2016 Build, Mei used to arrive on school grounds 5th in line on the left side, at 7:05 AM.
- YandereDev has never liked Mei's iconic triple pigtail look. He found them absolutely ridiculous and only used them because he had no other alternative. He found it "low budget and "amateurish".
- Mei's February 8th, 2016 hair is a reference to Eli Ayase from Love Live! The hair was changed because it was a recolor of a previously existing hairstyle.
|“||Wow...that's pretty gross...I expected better from Kokona-chan...||”|
— Mei Mio on the Internet.