The Pain Demon is one of the Occult Club demons that can be interacted with through the Demonic Ritual.
The Pain Demon stands between the other two demons, directly in front of the player when they enter the area. He resembles a bald humanoid with pale skin, though somewhat larger than the player. His eyes are black, his jaw is stretched widely, and his neck is extended far forward. His arms are small stubs and his legs are bent in a crouching posture.
|“||...was innocent...no crime... ...found guilty...given punishment... ...arms removed...body contorted... need justice...need revenge... descendants must feel...what I felt...||”|
— The conversation with the Pain Demon.
When walking up to the Pain Demon, the player is given an option to commune with him. His text appears white on the screen, and it shakes vigorously. Press E for the text to pass quickly. If the player communes with him again, he will repeat exactly the same lines he did before. As of the March 3rd, 2016 Build, he has a scratchy voice.
Pain Demon's Ritual
- Main Article: Demonic Ritual
Only Pain Demon's and Flame Demon's Rituals will work at the moment. Talking with him first is not required, as the player can activate the ritual at any time. To activate it, Yandere-chan must kill five NPCs with the ritual knife, dismember the dead NPCs, and then drop their arms inside of the ring of candles in the Occult Clubroom. The screen will then go black, with shaking white words that says, "...revenge...at last...". Depending on who the player spoke to last, the text will either appear white, red, or purple.
After that, ten bloody, white hands will rise from the ground around Yandere-chan, who no longer has pupils and will start to levitate. The hands will always surround her as she can fly in any direction. Any NPC - other than Senpai, Genka Kunahito, Rival-chan, delinquents, placeholder club leaders, the placeholder nurse, Study-kun A, Study-kun B and the Gardening Club members - that comes into contact with the hands will immediately be dismembered, giving a strangled cry of pain.
- Main Article: Burning Love
The Pain Demon makes a minor appearance in the visual novel. The Flame Demon explains that he does nothing but mutter about the last few hours of his life as a human.
According to the visual novel, he discarded his humanity in exchange for great power and to embrace demonhood. He communed with a demon, and the demon found him worthy. After performing a great sacrifice, the demon granted him the power the Pain Demon desired.
- Though Senpai will say "What the hell is wrong with you?! Get away from me!" when he sees Yandere-chan in this state, he will keep his default face instead of a horrified expression.
- If the player is by the edge of the rooftop, or standing on stairs or a hill, the hands can float in the air.
- When Titan Mode is activated and a student gets dismembered by the hands, their body parts will return to their normal size, but their hair will retain their large shape.
- If a teacher notices Yandere-chan while being dismembered, the game will not advance to the Game Over screen and will become unresponsive to input. The only way to fix this is to restart the game.
- The Pain Demon was implemented in the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- Pressing D in the debug menu used to spawn many severed arms inside the Occult Room. Pressing it twice would activate the Pain's ritual. It was removed in the second version of the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- Yandere-chan's pupils will return when performing any regular action, such as laughing, changing clothes, dismembering an NPC with the circular saw, etc.
- Activating the Pain's ritual will lower the School Atmosphere to 20%. If School Atmosphere is at or below 20%, it will be lowered to 0%.
- The player cannot travel to the void once they have activated the Pain Demon's ritual. If they have the knife, the option to insert it into the skull will not appear.
- The hands will not dismember already-deceased NPCs.
- The Pain Demon and the white hands are a reference to Dead Hand from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.