|Club|| None (since 10/16/16)
Cooking (11/15/15 – 10/16/16)
|Persona|| Social Butterfly (since 9/1/17)|
|Crush||Kokona Haruka (As of 9/22/16)|
|Appears||Week 1 (Debug)|
He has purple hair that is spikier than Senpai's default hair with some loose strands jutting out from the right side. His eyes are purple as well.
Among the personas currently implemented in the game, Riku is a Social Butterfly. He will happily pose for a picture if the player aims their camera at him. If he sees a corpse or witnesses a murder, he will run to the nearest secluded area and call the police. He cannot participate in physical fights against murderers, unless they kill Kokona while she is his girlfriend.
At 7:05 AM, Riku enters the school grounds. He walks to his locker at 7:10 AM and changes from his outdoor shoes to his indoor shoes. At 7:15 AM, he walks into the plaza, to the right side of the fountain, and gossips with Haruto Yuto, Sota Yuki, Hayato Haruki, Ryusei Koki, and Sora Sosuke.
Riku walks back to class again at 1:30 PM and participates in cleaning time between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM. At 3:40 PM, he stalks Kokona Haruka while she's in the Cooking Club; he then lingers around the school. At 5:30 PM, he then heads to his locker and changes from his indoor shoes to his outdoor shoes, then walks home.
- Main Article: Tasks
Riku wants the player to take a picture of the kitten behind the school so he can see if it's well. After the task is completed, Riku will thank the player and also befriend them.
As stated in his student profile, he comes from a rich family. He tries to hide the fact from others, but his affluent origins are very obvious because of his unusual way of speaking.
- Main Article: Kokona Haruka
Riku has a crush on Kokona and is her suitor. If he is matched with Kokona, the two will begin a romantic relationship.
- His name is a reference to the most popular male Japanese names in 2012, 11th most popular being Riku, 12th most popular being Soma.
- His female counterpart is Kokona Haruka.
- In older debug builds, Riku was the only male student that was a part of the Cooking Club. However, he never participated in the club activity after school.
- Before the June 29th, 2016 Build, Riku arrived on school grounds 13th in line on the left side, at 7:05 AM.
- YandereDev's personal headcanon is that shortly after Kokona and Riku begin dating, Kokona tells Riku about her father's debt problems, and Riku pays off the debt.
- He may become a member of the Drama Club, along with Kokona and other students with purple hair.
- He is considering a career as an actor.
|“||I saw the most peculiar thing today - there was a kitten walking around the school! I'm not sure how it got in here... It was quite an adorable little creature. I wish I could get a second look at it... If you see that kitten anywhere, would you mind taking a picture of it for me?||”|
— Riku asking if Yandere-chan could take a picture of a kitten for him.
|“||It's good to find someone else who shares my appreciation for felines! Best of luck to you!||”|
— Accepting Riku's task.
|“||Ah, I was worried that it was a strange request. I apologize for taking up your time.||”|
— Denying Riku's task.
|“||Yes, that's it! That's the kitten I saw! Hmm, it appears to be in good health...how delightful!||”|
— Completing Riku's task