- Not to be confused with the knife.
In the game, the knife is found inside the Occult Club, placed in the forehead of the skull on the altar. The ritual knife is seen as suspicious and can be concealed. If a student sees the player holding the ritual knife, their reputation will damaged by ten points (if School Atmosphere is high).
In the future, if a student spots the player holding the weapon while she is not part of the club, she will be called a thief and it will be taken away from Yandere-chan. Student AI and path finding will have to be revamped before this happens.
Ritual Knife Animations
- High Sanity: A swift stab to the right side of the head.
- Medium Sanity: The Victim tries to defend themselves, then gets stabbed in the right shoulder, then gets stabbed in the right side of the head.
- Low Sanity: Yandere-chan will grab the victim's neck and tackle them to the ground, the victim will try to defend themselves, as they are stabbed in the head multiple times.
- Stealth Kill: Yandere-chan will cover the victim's mouth, then stab them in the head.
|“||What kind of weird knife is that? What are you going to do with that thing?!||”|
— A student seeing Yandere-chan holding the ritual knife.
- The ritual knife was implemented in the February 21st, 2016 Build.
- Dialogue when spotted carrying the knife was implemented in the March 16th, 2016 Build.
- On Druelbozo's Deviantart, more color variations of the ritual knife are available. This was so YandereDev had more options of which knife to choose from.
- The ritual knife will emit smoke and a deep strumming sound every time a student is killed with it.