The shovel is located outside the shed. It is seen as suspicious and cannot be concealed. If a student notices Yandere-chan holding the shovel, her reputation will drop by ten points at high School Atmosphere. If she joins the Gardening Club, she will not be seen as suspicious when carrying the shovel.
If Yandere-chan performs a stealth kill with the shovel, neither she nor the shovel will get bloody.
Yandere-chan cannot use the shovel when fighting a Heroic student and will automatically lose, as the weapon is too unwieldy to use in close quarters.
In the future, if a student spots Yandere-chan holding the weapon while she is not part of the club, she will be called a thief, and it will be taken away from her. Student AI and path finding will have to be revamped before this happens.
- High Sanity: She will step forward and hit the victim on the head with the shovel.
- Medium Sanity: She will knock the victim down on their knees and hit them on the head.
- Low Sanity: She will knock the victim down on their knees and hit them in the head then whack them repeatedly.
- Stealth Kill: She will put the shovel around the victims neck and break it.
|“||What's with that shovel? You're not in the Gardening Club...||”|
— A student seeing Yandere-chan holding the shovel while not in the Gardening Club.
- The shovel was implemented in the March 15th, 2016 Build.
- Prior to November 16th, 2016 Build, there wasn't a spoken reaction from students if Yandere-chan was seen carrying the shovel while not in the Gardening Club.
- The shovel's killing animation is the same as the axe, baseball bat, dumbbell, and the magical girl wand.
- This weapon is not yet shown on the Challenges menu.