If an NPC with the Social Butterfly persona witnesses Yandere-chan commit murder, they'll be shocked for about five seconds. Yandere-chan can use this time to kill them before they run. If Yandere-chan wears the Cute Bear Panties, any student witnessing her commit the crime will be shocked for seven seconds instead. Currently, all Social Butterflies are incapable of self-defense.
After their shock has passed, they will run to the nearest crowd and call the police. If they see Yandere-chan, they will scream. This will attract the attention of any nearby students in range, who will see Yandere-chan's bloodied and/or insane state. This makes murdering the witness much harder as the player's reputation will drop massively and because of the amount of witnesses to the murder. If the Social Butterfly witnesses another murder, they will curl up into a ball and rock back and forth, not moving until the day ends, they are killed, or the police arrive.
The next day, they will refuse to talk to the player, saying that they know what Yandere-chan has done and threatening to tell other students about it. Each day they are left alive will damage Yandere-chan's reputation by ten points.
If Yandere-chan tries to take a picture of Social Butterflies, they will happily pose for the camera for a picture. If the player is in the Photography Club, they will instead stand still.
- 7:00 AM to 7:15 AM: Social Butterflies will flee to the Locker Room.
- 7:16 AM to 7:45 AM: Social Butterflies will flee to the plaza or the rooftop.
- 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: Social Butterflies will flee to their own classrooms.
- 1:10 PM to 1:30 PM: Social Butterflies will flee to the cafeteria or the rooftop.
- 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Social Butterflies will flee to their own classroom.
- 3:50 PM to 5:30 PM: Social Butterflies will flee to the Cooking Club.
- Hayato Haruki
- Inkyu Basu
- Koharu Hinata
- Kokona Haruka
- Midori Gurin
- Musume Ronshaku
- Riku Soma
- Saki Miyu
- Sakyu Basu
- Sora Sosuke
- Sota Yuki
- Yuna Hina
- As of the September 1st, 2017 Build, male Social Butterflies have been added.
- This persona was implemented in the February 1st, 2016 Build.
- This persona used to be unprogrammed but was still in the game files before the February 1st update. If a student was changed to this persona, they would inherit part of the Strict persona.
- If a Social Butterfly is hiding in a crowd when it is time to move locations, they will run to the next spot and quiver.
- In the future, if a Social Butterfly witnesses enough murders or corpses, they may become a Loner.
|“||There's been a death at Akademi High School! We need help right away!||”|
— A Social Butterfly calling the police.
|“||Gotta get to safety!||”|
— Witnessing murder.
— Witnessing murder a second time.
— A Social Butterfly witnessing Yandere-chan coming near her after witnessing Yandere-chan murder.
|“||Don't talk to me! I know you killed someone. I'll make sure everyone knows what you've done.||”|
— After attempting to talk to the student after they have witness murder.
|“||Don't bother me!/Go away!/Don't talk to me!/Get away from me!/Leave me alone!||”|
— Attempting to talk to them after them after they state they will tell everyone what they saw.