Suicide is a difficult way to eliminate a student in Yandere Simulator. It leaves no evidence towards the player. It has not been fully implemented yet.
Not to be confused with Fake Suicide.
Placing a white chrysanthemum on a living student's desk is a way to bully others in Japan. A flower is typically placed on their desk after a student has died, but if they are still alive the action would mean that someone wishes the recipient was dead. This being Yandere Simulator, a flower will appear on the student's desk once her reputation is from -50 to -99. From -50 to -149 reputation, the bullied student will not communicate with other students but will sit on the rooftop alone, leaving an easy opportunity to kill them without many witnesses.As time passes, the student's reputation will continue to go down. If a rival's reputation is -100 or lower, students will write negative comments on her desk, Senpai will reject her love confession, and the rival will be successfully eliminated. However, the protagonist is nonetheless able to continue the bullying further.
If the rival's reputation reaches -150, the students will severely bully the rival. In a cutscene shown in a video, Kokona hung her head low in shame after reading the comments on her desk. The classroom background slowly faded away into a noose, signifying her death.
That aforementioned cutscene is exclusive to the video and does not currently appear in the game. This is because YandereDev wanted to get the build and video demonstrating Suicide out as fast as possible.As of now, the student will simply not come to school when their reputation is that low, instead of killing themselves.
After a student commits suicide from the bullying, there will be a memorial service for the deceased student, as this is what happens in real schools. This has not been implemented into the game yet.
As of the October 17th, 2015 Build, the player is able to torture a student in the basement to decrease the victim's sanity. When the kidnapped student's sanity is at 0%, the player can bring her to school and give her a weapon. The brainwashed mindslave will then kill the current rival of the week, before killing themselves by stabbing a weapon into their neck. If the police arrive after the two students are dead, they will conclude it was a murder-suicide.
It should be noted that if the player tries to frame a character while murdering said character and others, the police will similarly treat that situation as a murder-suicide. This can only happen if Yandere-chan is never successfully connected to her murder.
A new animation was added for murder-suicide as of the July 24th, 2016 Build.
However, if the mind-slave is the current rival, or the rival dies before the slave can reach her, she will commit suicide.
- The idea of bullies vandalizing the victim's desk was inspired by Koe no Katachi.
- Senpai would never commit suicide when bullied; rather, he would start attending another school.
- It may be possible that if Yandere-chan frames a student for something illegal, and they face life in prison, they will kill themselves.
- Despite one of the writings on the desk saying "I dare you to go jump off the roof!", the student will probably kill herself at home in future updates.
- YandereDev has not decided if the player will be able to eliminate all rivals using suicide. It will be possible to kill a majority of the rivals with suicide; however, Senpai will develop a fear that all women are on the brink of suicide.