Not to be confused with Fake Suicide.
Placing a white chrysanthemum on a living student's desk is a way to bully others in Japan. A flower is typically placed on their desk after a student has died, but if they are still alive the action would mean that someone wishes the recipient was dead. A flower will appear on the student's desk once their reputation is between -50 and -99. Between -50 and -149 reputation, the bullied student will not communicate with other students but will sit on the rooftop alone.
As time passes, the student's reputation will continue to go down. If a rival's reputation is -100 or lower, students will write negative comments on her desk, Senpai will reject her love confession, and the rival will be successfully eliminated. However, Yandere-chan is able to continue the bullying further.
If the rival's reputation reaches -150, the students will severely bully them and they will not come to school anymore.
The cutscene below is exclusive to the video and does not currently appear in the game. This is because YandereDev wanted to get the build and video demonstrating Suicide out as fast as possible. As of now, the student will simply not come to school when their reputation is that low, instead of killing themselves.
After a student commits suicide from the bullying, there will be a memorial service for the deceased student, as this is what happens in real schools. This has not been implemented yet.
As of the October 17th, 2015 Build, Yandere-chan is able to torture a student in her basement to decrease the victim's sanity. When the kidnapped student's sanity is at 0%, Yander-chan can bring them to school and give them a weapon. The mind-slave will then kill a chosen target, before killing themselves by stabbing a weapon into their neck. If the police arrive after the two students are dead, they will conclude it was a murder-suicide.
It should be noted that if Yandere-chan tries to frame a student while murdering said student and others and disposing of evidence, the police will similarly treat that situation as a murder-suicide.
However, if the mind-slave is the current rival, or the rival dies before the slave can reach her, she will commit suicide.
If a student with the Fragile persona is bullied enough, Yandere-chan can leave a note in their locker and offer help. If Yandere-chan presents the Fragile student with a picture of a bully talking to another student, the Fragile student will come to school the next day and, similarly to a mind-slave, kill the person in that photo, before killing themselves.
- The idea of bullies vandalizing the victim's desk was inspired by Koe no Katachi.
- Senpai would never commit suicide when bullied; rather, he would start attending another school.
- It may be possible that if Yandere-chan frames a student for something illegal, and they face life in prison, they will kill themselves.
- Despite one of the writings on the desk saying "I dare you to go jump off the roof!", the student will probably kill herself at home in future updates.
- YandereDev has not decided if the player will be able to eliminate all rivals using suicide. It will be possible to kill a majority of the rivals with suicide; however, Senpai will develop a fear that all women are on the brink of suicide.