Vending machines are machines where Yandere-chan can buy drinks.
In the May 24th, 2015 Build, there was a un-implemented plaza filled with several miscellaneous placeholder objects. A red unusable vending machine was one of them, and it was located on the right side. It was eventually removed in the next update.
The first usable vending machine had a picture of leaves in the middle, and writing in hot pink kanji. The drinks that came out were blue and white cylinders with light blue writing on them. It was located on the right wall of Akademi High School.
As of the November 15, 2015 Build, there are two identical vending machines on campus. They are located on the second floor in the cafeteria. When it is lunchtime, students will stand by the machines and gossip, but they will not buy any drinks.
As of the March 2nd, 2016 Build, there is a trash can located between the two vending machines.
When the player walks up to a vending machine, a button prompt appears that says Buy Drink. When E is pressed, (A for controller) a soda can will come out the bottom flap. When E is held down, a can comes out every second the button is held. As of now, Yandere-chan can buy as many as the player wishes. No limit is planned, but the more cans that are bought, the lower frame rate will fall. At the moment, Yandere-chan cannot pick up the drinks from the vending machine, and can only leave them on the ground.
- It was implemented in the October 8th, 2015 Build.
- Sound was added for buying drinks from the machines on October 11th, 2015.
- Yandere-chan may be able to put soda cans in a sack and hit students with it, but animations are needed.
- YandereDev jokingly stated that the vending machines were implemented so he didn't go insane with stress.
- Yandere-chan will have to buy soda if money is implemented. Money won't be implemented unless stores are implemented, and stores won't be implemented until a small town is implemented.
- YandereDev likes the idea of Yandere-chan contaminating a drink using poison or tranquillisers and giving it to people when Yandere-chan has good reputation. It may not be implemented due to difficulties in technique.
- A future task in the game may require buying soda for a student.