|Personal website|| https://yanderedev.wordpress.com|
YandereDev, whose real name is Alex, is a 28-year-old independent game developer from California. He was born on June 30, 1988. He worked in a video game company for three years prior to the creation of Yandere Simulator, then left to pursue his dream of becoming an indie game developer. He has worked on five console games and five mobile games for an unknown company.
Between 2013 and 2014, YandereDev produced several simple game prototypes, though none of them became popular. In March of 2014, he pitched the idea of a "schoolgirl serial killer simulator" in a forum post. The idea was met with a very positive reception, so he began working on the game.
Since the beginning of Yandere Simulator's development, he has created 7 simple "joke" games following the beginning of development: on April 16th 2014 he released Yandere Clicker, on April Fools' 2015 he released Super Yandere 64 and Kuudere Simulator, on April Fools' 2016 he released Kuudere Simulator 2, on April 10th 2016 he released Burning Love, on Halloween 2016 he released Yanderetale, and on April Fools' 2017 he released Kuudere Simulator 3.
He also mentioned a "true love" project that he wants to make. However, when he pitched it, it received a lot of negative criticism.
Inspiration to create video games: Around 10 years ago, YandereDev used to design simple video games by scribbling characters and ideas. He also tried programs such as RPG Maker, but never took it seriously. He eventually became more serious about making games in 2008.
YandereDev was truly inspired to make games after playing a game called lji, which was developed by a man named Daniel Remar. The game was made by one man, so YandereDev felt like it was possible for him to do the same. It sparked his interest in learning how to program. 
Inspiration for Yandere Simulator: Before working on Yandere Simulator, YandereDev tried to develop other prototype games, but there was a lack of 3D models required. While searching for models, YandereDev saw a very inexpensive schoolgirl character model for sale on the Unity Asset Store. He asked a friend what type of game he would develop if he had to use that model for the protagonist. His friend suggested a "juvenile delinquent" simulator. YandereDev enjoys pushing concepts to the farthest extreme, so he wondered, "Why stop at a delinquent? Why not make her a serial killer?" From there, he pitched the idea for a "yandere simulator" to a high-traffic message board. A lot of people commented on the idea and suggested some really cool-sounding features. The hypothetical game started to sound really fun and it seemed like people were genuinely interested in the idea, so YandereDev decided it would be worthwhile to actually develop the game.
He is insecure about his appearance as he does not like the way he looks, but YandereDev said that he will eventually reveal his face, sometime before the Kickstarter, so that he does not seem shady when trying to hide his identity.
During his visit to Anime Expo 2016, he allowed fans to take photos with him; since then, there are now several public pictures featuring him on his blog.
In several videos, particularly the recent ones, YandereDev uses Senpai to represent himself. In his video on Yandere Simulator's Biggest Problem, (and for a future announcement) his eyes are brown instead of black. His avatar is a picture of Yandere-chan, and in his older videos, he used her to represent himself.
YandereDev is seen with black hair, brown eyes and glasses, as seen in many Anime Expo 2016 pictures. YandereDev has stated he doesn't want any pictures of him in the past because he had "nasty dark eye circles," but he eventually "came out of his shell".
YandereDev is best known for being incredibly hard-working. He works twelve hours a day, and as of January 8th, 2016, YandereDev states that he has been using the same exact update schedule for the past year. YandereDev always tries to get his builds out on time. He mainly works on the game alone, with help from volunteers.
He is sarcastic, which really shows when answering some Twitter posts. He acts like this towards "stupid people" because he cannot tolerate anyone like that, even if they are a fan of Yandere Simulator. YandereDev created Midori Gurin solely for the purpose of ridiculing people who send him stupid emails.
YandereDev usually wakes up at 8:00 AM and starts his day with a shower. If he oversleeps, he works until 2:30 AM. On that note, he usually gets about four hours of sleep each night. While working, he usually listens to anime soundtracks, video game soundtracks, Vocaloid music, podcasts, or Let's Players commentating. He often works twelve hours a day in total, with five minute breaks every hour. YandereDev has stated that he practically has no free time.
As of December 2015, YandereDev was so burnt out from working that he changed his routine so that he only works eight hours a day, only sometimes working on the game for twelve hours. Any excess time he has now is spent live streaming games.
YandereDev may not be able to update the game every two weeks anymore, due to the fact that almost all of the smaller features that would take two weeks to implement have already been implemented.
Links to YandereDev's Accounts
- Official Website
- Senpai: JonTron
- Waifu: Samus Aran
- Favorite video game character: Big Boss
- Favorite animal: Kittens
- Spirit animal: Super Sonico
- Favorite archetype: A super lewd lady
- Favorite manga: Death Note
- Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Favorite film: End of Evangelion
- Favorite bug: None. He wants to squash all code errors, but the only exception to this is the bug in Titan Mode.
- Favorite elimination method: Electrocution
- Favorite color: Black
- Favorite color scheme: Red and black
- Favorite game: Persona 5 
- Favorite food: Pizza
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookies and Cream
- Favorite book: Catch 22
- Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
- YandereDev is a contributor to the Yandere Simulator Wiki and McNinja Wiki.
- The warning screen at the start of the game referred to YandereDev as "an overworked programmer". However, this warning was later removed because YandereDev said that it was "cringey".
- If his Senpai, JonTron, has a positive opinion of Yandere Simulator, then YandereDev will backflip with joy. Otherwise, YandereDev's shame will eventually lead him to commit seppuku.
- YandereDev uses Adobe Premiere to edit his videos.
- YandereDev uses OBS to record his screen.
- His height is 5 feet and 11 inches the last time he measured.
- Sonic the Hedgehog was the first game YandereDev ever played and Donkey Kong Country was the first game he ever owned.
- He admires loyalty the most in a friendship.
- When asked whether he preferred Apple or Android, he explained that as a developer, making games for Android devices is easy, while making games for Apple devices is a massive pain. As a consumer, Apple devices have nice performance while Android devices are okay.
- His diet consists of food that is very easy to prepare such as bananas, PB&J, applesauce, cookies, chips, and Capri Sun if he has any.
- He has been called "Devpai" on his Twitter. YandereDev thinks that it's funny.
- He would really like to go to Japan someday.
- He has a very broad taste in games and will play any genre, except sports.
- His best subject in school is English.
- If YandereDev suddenly woke up with a harem, he would want nothing but cuddling.
- He learned how to program by using Game Maker. He turned it into a skill while working at an unnamed company.
- If YandereDev was stuck on an island and the objective was to get off of the island, he would want a satellite phone, GPS, and a flare gun. If he was stuck there forever and could never leave, he would like a sexy companion, another sexy companion and another sexy companion.
- He has another unfinished game which he worked on prior to Yandere Simulator.
- He first started streaming video games in 2009 and wanted it to be a full-time job. Unfortunately for him, it did not work out.
- He has two cats, one named Kitty.
- If he were a Japanese schoolgirl, he believes that he would probably be a dandere.
- When a person asked about his gender, he joked that he is a 16-year-old Japanese school girl with pink hair and DD breasts. He keeps this act up when people press for more information.
- He claims that he programs the game by twerking onto his keyboard.
- He claims that he is also a twerking k-pop star.
- He also claims that he taught Miley Cyrus how to twerk.
- As a princess of Anime Planet, he can shapeshift like a T-1000.
- His breast size and eye color change based on his current emotions.
- His breasts and butt also deflate when someone on the internet makes him sad.
- His natural eye and hair color is rainbow.
- His full title is "Her Excellency Princess Miyuki Ubera Magnis Magna Asinum Et Capillum Roseum, Heir Apparent of the Catgirl Kingdom".
- YandereDev possibly has one hundred terabytes of big breasted pink haired anime girls on his computer, some of whom are likely to be pictures of himself.
- He typically wears nothing more than a tiny black micro-bikini.
- He jokes that he is actually a capybara.
- He also jokes that he's a busty pink-haired 16-year-old Japanese schoolgirl piloting a robotic capybara, who is piloting a robotic 28-year-old man.
- If YandereDev had his own character in Yandere Simulator, he would be in the Gaming Club, he would be a Loner, and he would have no crush.
- However YandereDev has expressed no desire to create himself in the game.
- He has a document with all of the characters' ages, birthdays, parents' ages, etc on it.
- He never drinks coffee, as he is worried that if he uses coffee as a crutch to help him wake up or stay awake, he'll become reliant on it.
- YandereDev will say to pirates that if they enjoy the game, they should recommend it to a friend who purchases games.
- YandereDev has relatives that play the game without realizing he is its creator.
- YandereDev mentioned in a Twitch stream, that since he has begun developing Yandere Simulator, he has gained a lot of weight, since he spends most of the day sitting in his computer chair. Mentioned at around 28:21 minutes into the stream.
- YandereDev reached 1,000,000 subscribers on YouTube, on September 17th, 2016.
- YandereDev has also recieved a Patreon plaque for 1,000 patrons.
- If YandereDev was Yandere-chan's age, he wouldn't want to marry her, because he wouldn't want a jealous, violent, murderous, psychopathic person as a wife.
- YandereDev's favorite part of developing Yandere Simulator is hearing from the fans and seeing what they create.
- It is possible that once YandereDev is done with the game he could make his own Let's Play about it.
- YandereDev is near-sighted. He wears glasses, but he never looks beyond his PC.
- YandereDev would strongly prefer to not receive requests, suggestions, or hints.
- YandereDev does not keep old builds.
- Sailor Moon was either the first or second anime YandereDev ever watched.
- In some of videos, he sometimes wishes that he had a more simple life so he can do the things he loves, since Yandere Simulator takes up most of his time during the day. Although he doesn't do his favorite things as much anymore, he still enjoys developing Yandere Simulator.
- On February 10th 2017, during his Nioh stream, YandereDev mentioned that the ideal breast size to him is DD.
- During the same stream, YandereDev mentioned that he does not like pineapple on pizza.
- The three characters YandereDev enjoys planning and writing for the most are Info-chan, Ryoba Aishi, and Megami Saikou.
|“||Read the FAQ.||”|
— When someone asks him a question that could easily been avoided if the FAQ was read.
|“||Let me ask my crystal ball.||”|
— When someone asks him when ____ will be implemented.
|“||Depends on budget and volunteers.||”|
— Whenever someone asks YandereDev if he is going to implement ___.
|“||Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator.||”|
— YandereDev thanking the audience for watching his progress at the end of nearly all of his videos and blog posts.
Gallery of YandereDev's "True" Identity