When Yandere Vision is activated, everything becomes hazy and time slows down. Yandere-chan's eyes glow red and a black outline surrounds her body.
Yandere Vision can be activated by holding down Left Control (PC) or RB (controller).
Yandere Vision allows the player to see characters and objects of interest through walls. Yandere-chan can see Senpai, rivals, and useful items. To see certain other NPCs through walls, the player must first "tag" them.
The player can "tag" a person by taking a clear picture of their face and sending it to Info-chan, who will then give Yandere-chan information about that particular person. Info-chan will not recognize NPCs without a proper AI, such as the Delinquents, and the Placeholder Club Leaders, so Yandere-chan cannot tag them.
When Yandere Vision is activated, outlines indicating objects or people will appear. Different things have differently colored outlines. Outlines around people can change color, depending on the circumstances.
- Useful objects, such as poison, gloves, buckets, weapons that aren't being held, trash cans, masks, Science Vacuum, and garbage bags outside of dumpsters, are outlined in cyan. Genka Kunahito also has a cyan outline.
- People whose photo Yandere-chan has sent to Info-chan are outlined in green under normal circumstances.
- Some possibly dangerous characters are outlined in red, such as rivals or NPCs who have seen Yandere-chan perform incriminating actions. Pictures are usually not needed for them to change to this color. Rival-chan is the only person at the moment that is automatically highlighted in red.
- Senpai is outlined in pink.
- Students who have witnessed the player acting suspicious, but not dragging a body or being obviously connected to a murder in some way, are outlined in yellow. They may also turn yellow if they see a corpse. They'll turn green if the player apologizes to them. Any student killed by Ebola Mode will be highlighted in yellow as well.
- Traces of murder, such as blood pools/footprints, corpses, and dismembered body parts are outlined in orange.
- Yandere-chan is outlined in black. Only two other characters in the entire game will have a black aura. YandereDev has not revealed the identities of the others yet.
- Teacher's Pets who have seen Yandere-chan kill someone will run to a teacher. If there's no body when they come back, but Yandere-chan is still bloody and holding a weapon, the player can make them turn green by apologizing to them, even though they saw Yandere-chan commit murder.
- If an NPC is killed by Ebola-chan, the NPC will have a yellow outline. However, teachers, Senpai, and Midori Gurin will have the regular orange outline.
- While Yandere Vision is active, time slows down by a slight margin.
- In the future, hearts may appear in Yandere-chan's eyes if Senpai is around when Yandere Vision is used.
- When Yandere Vision is activated in low School Atmosphere, some colors are warped, while other outlines lose their color altogether.
- If the player has sped up time, activating Yandere Vision will slow it back down. If time is sped up while Yandere Vision is already activated, a minute will pass by in the span of a second, but will slow down immediately afterwards.
- In the January 1st, 2016 Build, the Student Council president could be seen under the fountain. She was highlighted in red with Yandere Vision. She has been moved elsewhere in subsequent builds.
- If the player uses Yandere Vision while the president is giving her monologue, the speech will be slowed down.
- Yandere-chan used to have black, empty eyes while Yandere Vision was activated.