When the player starts up the game, the player can either choose new game, controls, credits or to exit the game.
This game is a parody of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It is a 3-D side-scrolling game with the protagonist Beldere-chan, a parody of Richter Belmont. The game starts at the last stage, where Beldere-chan travels through a castle to defeat zombies, an undead mini-boss, and eventually, the main antagonist, Dracula-chan. Beldere-chan uses her whip to attack enemies.
Whenever Beldere-chan takes damage, she turns red and steps back, and her HUD health bar depletes. When she defeats zombies, she gains EXP, which is displayed on the green bar at the bottom of the screen.
When her EXP bar turns completely green, she levels up, which makes her whip deal more damage. At level 1, it takes 5 attacks from her whip to kill a zombie; after around level 20, it only takes one attack.
Levelling up also increases how much damage she can take. At level 1, one hit from a zombie depletes 5% of her health, while at level 20, about 1% is removed.
A mini-boss appears halfway through the level; they are cloaked in black and wield a staff. They will not fight Beldere-chan directly, but will slam their staff on the floor to summon dark orbs that can hurt Beldere-chan. Beldere-chan can hit the orbs to destroy them.
The final boss for the game is a succubus named Dracula-chan. She wishes to steal Beldere-chan's senpai, which Beldere-chan cannot allow. When Dracula-chan finishes her conversation with Beldere-chan, she will throw a wine glass on the ground and will begin to fight her. During the battle, she will throw sets of three fireballs at Beldere-chan, which can be jumped over or ducked under. Dracula-chan will also teleport randomly across the stage. When her health is low, she will throw even larger fireballs.
When killed, Dracula-chan will scream and kneel down.
The screen will turn black and the afterlogue will play. After it finishes, there will be an error on the screen that says the disc is unreadable and that the player must go to the website www.saikoucorp.com/support for help. This is because Yandere-chan's disc is scratched, so she is not able to play any more levels.
- Main Article: Volunteers
Protagonist Animations: YandereDev
Beldere-chan's Voice: Michaela Laws
Dracula-chan's Voice: Cayla Martin
Title Screen Music: Christopher Escalante
Boss Approach Music: Darrell "Dibur" Reconose
Boss Battle Music: Darrell "Dibur" Reconose
Environment Models and Textures: Thomas Laurent
Health Bar Artwork: Andrew Taraba of Bizurk Software
Title Screen and Portrait Illustrations: Josh C
- The game was implemented in the October 31st, 2015 Build.
- EXP, leveling up, zombies, and the mini-boss were all added in one day, on October 30th, 2015.
- The highest EXP Level the player can obtain is Level 99, but after this point, the EXP bar can still continue to extend.
- There is a story for Yanvania created, and a reason why Info-chan possesses a smartphone in the middle ages.
- Beldere-chan is able to use her whip to destroy vases and candles while walking through the dining room. They will create a small explosion once they hit the floor.
- This game was worked on for 156 hours over the course of 13 days.
- This is the first game in Yandere-chan's gaming console.
- YandereDev would like Yanvania to become a full 20 hour long game that will have as much depth and length as a real Castlevania game.
- There may be a Konami Code Cheat in the game in the future.
- Despite not appearing in the actual game, Info-chan and Senpai make a small cameo in the video game's title art.
- The error after the game is finished is an Xbox error message. This was chosen because the Xbox error message has been burned into YandereDev's memory, and he couldn't recall what a PlayStation error looked like.
- The quotes uttered at the end are a reference to the final quotes before the final boss battle of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It became a meme among fans of the franchise, mostly because of the poor voice acting and the over the top lines.
- If the player pressed the M key in the main menu of the game, Midori Gurin made a cameo repeating the afterlogue in her own voice. This was removed in the September 22nd, 2016 Build. This was restored in the July 24th, 2017 Build.
- The castle was given textures in the March 31st, 2016 Build.
- Crouching in place will kill zombies without harming Beldere-chan.
- Holding the Z key while quickly tapping one of the arrow keys will create a small protective field around Beldere-chan, that damages zombies in front of her.
- As of the September 22th, 2016 Build, Yandere-chan only can play Yanvania if she has accepted Pippi's task.
|“||The Akademi Institute is a boarding school that teaches magical arts to young men and women who have high potential for wizardry and witchcraft. Once every one hundred years, under the glare of a full moon, the ghost of a long-dead succubus will appear within the Institute and beg one of the Institute's upperclassmen to resurrect her with a tribute of blood. If the succubus is resurrected, all of the school's students will vanish...except for any students who were in love with the upperclassman that resurrected the succubus. If the succubus is not slain before the sun rises, the school's students will be forever lost, and the succubus' full power will be restored. The succubus can only be slain by a young woman who is in love with the upperclassman that revived the succubus. The time has once again come for the forces of Love and Lust to engage in their ancient battle. The Institute beckons you...and no man can say who shall emerge victorious.||”|